Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Eating Clean and a Little Bit of Progress


I've done 21 Day Fix before. I was pretty successful for the first round but I felt so constricted by the containers and gained all of the weight back. So, I did some research and figured out the measuring cup equivalents to the containers and am finding a lot more success in eating clean.

I started a new round on Monday, which is the first full day of summer, as a part of a 30 day accountability group. I also thought it would be a great way to kick off Fitbloggin week. I figured all of this momentum and timing has to keep me more motivated to stay on track.

I'm two and a half days in and things are going pretty well. I've already lost three pounds so I think that's good progress. I feel less bloated too, which is another bonus.



I've found through many trial and errors is that I can't just have a cookie (as in one). I can't just have "a little" candy or "a few chips." A little and a few turns into a whole bag, then I have sugar or salt cravings and then I have another little bit. Then, a few more chips and then my pants don't fit.

Some people have self control. I haven't learned this yet when it comes to certain foods.

Part of the benefit of being part of group has been that I have to report to the group what I eat, what I drink and how much I move every single day. The group is small enough that my Beachbody Coach and leader, Linnea, will know when I don't check in. Plus the group is super supportive and you get ideas of what other folks eat.

I am traveling to Fitbloggin' in Denver later this week so I must be on my best behavior while in the airport. I'm sure I'll be able to pick up some healthy snacks from conference sponsors though!

I'm excited to feel better. I'm excited to see progress. Man those sugar cravings can get you though (don't worry, I'm staying strong right now!).

(These are all my opinions and I wasn't paid to say nice things about Linnea...I just like to say nice things about her.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment