Friday, May 1, 2015

The Pains of Sugar Detoxing and the Start of a Squat Challenge


I'm in the middle of day 5 of a sugar detox. This is some hard stuff.

Truth be told, I like candy. I like pastries and donuts and cupcakes. I've cut out sweets before but never cold turkey--and my habits crept back and so did a couple pounds. So last weekend, it became apparent that I don't have any self control and it was time to cut out sugar and sweets cold turkey.

I customized the detox for me because eating fruit isn't the problem--and fruit is healthy. Sugar is everywhere though. The cravings have been rough but if I crack, I know I'm going down the Candyland Lane for a vacation. I just keep saying no. I look at it and say no. I walk by it, stop, contemplate, and say no.

Yesterday (Day 4) was the first day I didn't want to say screw it, I'm getting some gummy bears and a donut. I'm finding that the cravings are getting lighter and less frequent. I'm closing in on the first full week of no sugar (its a small milestone that I set for myself) and I am beginning to think I can make it to 30 days.

And, the great thing is that (along with watching what I eat and moving my butt) I've lost 3lbs since Monday! That certainly gives me more motivation to keep going.

If I didn't give up time and time again, I would have been at my goal weight. But, I have the opportunity to really focus on myself for the first time in YEARS so I'm planning to take advantage of it.

Since today also marks May 1st, I wanted to create an additional challenge to up my shape up for the coming pool and beach time.

I'm already done with half of the May 1 squats and I'm also 15 miles in on my miles challenge too! Progress is truly one step at a time, and well, one squat at a time too.

Here's the squat challenge I created if you want to join me and are looking to shape up your bottom half as we head into summer!


0 comments:

Post a Comment