Monday, February 9, 2015

When Things Don't Go as Planned


Mondays are tough. First of all, its Monday and then its a Monday that happens to also be cold, icy, and nothing seems to be going right. I had plans, serious plans with a check list that I committed to getting done today.

So, I get my workout clothes on and make the trek to my yoga place for my 8:45 Hot Fusion class--only to find out it was canceled, and there are no more classes for the evening. This Monday kicked my butt and I needed that yoga class. I'm not going to lie, I had a little temper tantrum for about 5 minutes sitting in my car. But, then I just pulled up my big girl pants and moved on.

I could have totally given in and vegged out on the couch for the rest of the night but I got in 30 minutes of kickboxing. I didn't give up because my plan didn't work out.



Sometimes, life isn't perfect, which means the process to get healthy isn't perfect either.  Every day is a struggle to not give in to bad habits--and if I do, to not give up on the whole journey. While I haven't made as much progress as I would had hoped but small things can add up to big changes, and that's exactly what is needed as part of this journey.

Hope you got your workout in and did what you could to reach your goals!

0 comments:

Post a Comment