Wednesday, May 6, 2015

What Not To Do When You Are On a Sugar Detox



As I’ve mentioned, I’m doing a sugar detox. I’ve been great at it. No cheats…for the first 7 days. Then, I cheated. In fact, I cheated big and had ice cream.

So, what do you not what to do if you are sugar detoxing?

Cheat.

It was bad. My stomach was upset within about 10 minutes. I bloated immediately. And, my stomach hurt for the rest of the night. The next day I still wasn’t right. It was almost like a sugar hangover. I didn’t start feeling right until 4pm…THE NEXT DAY.

But hey, I learned my lesson, didn’t I? Don’t cheat with something full of sugar when you haven’t had any for a week. Or maybe the bigger lesson is that sugar is making me sick (and overweight, duh!). Let’s just say, I haven’t cheated since and I don’t plan on it.

Other than the cheating incident, I have some other news. Turns out that if you cut out sugar, eat healthy and at least be a bit active, you are going to lose weight. I lost 6lbs and 5 inches off my body after one week of detoxing and staying within in my calorie range!!

If this is the first post you are reading about my sugar detox journey, I want to make it clear—I’m not doing a wacky diet (although I’ve done plenty over my lifetime) or doing the sugar detox to lose weight (although that’s a great side effect). I realized I had a sugar/sweets habit that I needed to break and I went cold turkey. Also, I still eat fruit.

Overall, I’m really happy with the direction that I’m going and the commitment to eating healthier!

0 comments:

Post a Comment